Excellence in Education Grants
Excellence in Education Grants are the Foundation's largest grants (maximum award is $10,000 and the minimum is $2,000). These grants fund large-scale projects that will impact multiple classrooms, grades or schools. With an Excellence in Education Grant you can make reality what you've been imagining for your students!
Note: grants are awarded at the LPS Community Breakfast in March 2019, and grantees will receive funds in July 2020 for implementation in the the 2019-2020 school year.
- Applications are due to email@example.com by January 23, 2019. You can share the document via Google Drive or email it.
- Download and submit the entire application which includes:
a few helpful tips
- EIE funds can be used to purchase materials to implement new educational initiatives.
- EIE funds can be used to support before and after school activities.
- Consider having your students "write" the grant or drive the process.
- Ask your PTA to match EIE funds granted by LEF (double the money!!).
- Find ways to work across grades and/or schools - partner up!
Grant Writing Tips
- Refrain from using an excessive amount of jargon.
- Do not insert links or videos into your grant application - grant reviewers will not use this information as part of the review and selection process.
- Be sure to describe the need as it relates to your students, your building, or your program.
- Have someone (preferably not an educator) read your grant to check for understanding.